Wednesday, March 24, 2010

You have to start somewhere.

Welcome to my blog!
I'm a professional organizer, currently on extended, self-imposed, maternity leave. My ultra-cute son is now seven and a half months old, and he has been a world-changer in so many ways. Mostly good and wonderful, but from an organizing standpoint, let's just say there were times when I felt like going back into that particular working world could be considered malpractice. It all started with 'preggie-brain', but once he was born it went further downhill.

My motto has always been "less is more" and my style minimalistic, but boy, do babies need a lot of stuff. Seriously. Even if you like to keep it simple, there are simply things you cannot do without, and they take up SPACE.

And babies take up a lot of time. I don't need to tell any of you mothers out there, especially those that consider taking a shower every two days a luxury. It's hard to keep on top of things like paying the bills, grocery shopping, never-ending laundry (baby clothes are so small, how come I have full loads of laundry to do all the time?), maybe a little self-care, reading the all-important parenting books/blogs/magazines, even when you're a Stay-At-Home-Mom.

I came out of the new-mom-fog when Pax was about 3 months old. I've spent the last few months getting a handle on enjoying motherhood AND getting dinner on the table.

Now it's time to share some of the tricks of the trade I've learned, knew already, and am figuring out along the way. In some ways I wish I'd started this blog when I was still pregnant - it's my left-brain wanting desperately for everything to be chronological. But you have to start somewhere, and sometime, and this is good enough.

2 comments:

straitlet said...

I look forward to following you on your journey deeper into motherhood and organization! Welcome, new blog, to my Google Reader account. :)

susan said...

three cheers for mommmy-organizer-extraordinaire!! archive away, dear, cause someday guess who's gonna be a frantic mess with a baby on her boob and *poop* in her hair. ya, me. and you're gonna tell me all the answers AND maybe come over and clean me. right? too much? :)