Friday, May 14, 2010

Organizing Opportunities!

Our little family is about to purchase our first home. It's an exciting, albeit, gulp-worthy time. I think so at least. We move in just under a month's time, and there is a LOT to get done, and no, I have not started filling boxes yet. However, I do have my list of moving to-do's all neatly typed out in a excel spreadsheet, and am slowly but surely making my way down the list.

Aside from the decorating opportunities our move will allow ("yay" for finally being able to paint the walls!), my mind is also consumed with all the wonderful new organizing opportunities ahead. As much as memory and photos will allow, I plot new organizing systems in my head for the bathroom, kitchen, utilities, etc. Oh, what fun this will be! And rest assured, I will take you on this journey with me, photos and all.

In the meantime, forgive me if I don't blog as much - it would probably be best if I spent some of my 'down' time getting a head start on packing.

Oh, in other news... we're about to try weaning our darling son from his night feeding/s. He's old enough, big enough, and capable enough to sleep through. He's just become accustomed to my face, is all. I do treasure our nightly snuggles, but really, it's in both our best interests that he stops with the night-wakings. Think of us - I am anticipating lots of protest, and it might just be more difficult for us than for him.

No comments: